Sunday, January 24, 2010

I heard B and P today!

Tonight actually. He picked up a book that we read a lot, and there is a page where Tigger says "Boo". Tonight he decided to read it himself, and when he came to that page, I heard a very clear "BOO!" A crisp "B"...I almost cried.

Then we were reading another new favorite. On each page, three animals wear clothes the right way, then the turkey has the clothing on wrong and it says "OOPS"! Tonight I read the first three parts, and Tyson said, "OOP!" A "P" sound, and it did not sound like a B, it sounded like a P. Could this be the beginning of new sounds? Boy I hope so.

Also, he is really trying hard to jump. Really trying. I'll bet in the next month he'll be jumping on his own. He lifts one foot off the ground and bounces on the other leg. He actually did jump with both feet today once while holding on to the couch.

His current measurements at 31 months are 31.8 lbs and 35 inches! Growing boy! In August he was 22lbs and 33 inches.

We went out to dinner on Wed. night, and I didn't have a sippy cup. No problem...my boy can use a STRAW now! In fact, I gave him his first juice box the other day, and other than squirting juice all over himself at first, he sucked it down in no time flat.

I don't know if it's the palate healing or the help of speech therapy, but whatever it is, we are slowly seeing some improvement. He is still not understandable, but with every little victory, we see light.

Other than that, my sweet little boy is making me work! He doesn't walk anywhere, oh no...he's on a dead run where ever he goes, even into his sister's basketball game if mom is actually watching the game and not him. I was sweating by half time!

I tried to take pictures, but the little turkey himself did not cooperate. Hopefully I'll get some this week.

5 comments:

  1. Jolene- so glad things are going so well with Tyson! He is a GROWING boy, our Sydney is 4 1/2 yo and is 33 lbs and 35 inches!
    Blessings, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewen is just over 3 years and measures 36 inches and weighs 22 lbs! You're so lucky Tyson walk (ahem, runs) everywhere. He's a big boy!
    Congrats on the little milestones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for all the progress Ty is making!! Celebrate all those wonderful things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jolene! How exciting! I'm so happy that Ty is doing so well! What sweetness.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on Tyson's achievements. Sounds like he is progressing well.

    B's and P's are still hard for Jake. He makes them every once in a while, but he has made great strides with therapy. He is talking much more. Not all of it is easy to understand but we generally can figure it out.

    Jakes loves to jump. He will stand up and jump or he squats down like a frog and jumps. He gets up pretty high when he does that. He also has taken lately to walking on his tiptoes.

    ReplyDelete