I wish I had some current pictures, but I've been way to busy to take any. But I will be taking some this weekend because next Thursday is our first post-placement report! China requires two post-placement reports. One must be turned in at 6 months after placement, and one has to be turned in 12 months after placement. We have to submit 4 pictures of Tyson. Of course I have a gazillion pictures, and I will use our family photo and one of T in his Chinese outfit, but I want current pictures. He just looks so much different now than when we first brought him home.
I had to put Ty on antibiotics last Saturday. He had been fighting a cold for weeks, and I took him to a doctor who confirmed it was just a cold, not a sinus infection. But a week later a cough began, so not to take chances, we began the meds. I don't do meds unless absolutely necessary. He's no longer coughing, so that is good news; but the nose is still running, but now it's clear, so I think we're OK.
Speech is coming along. I'm hearing more "b" and a few "d" sounds. He makes them accidently, not purposely, but at least it shows me that he can do it. He is also singing more! His new tricks are: 1. Take a toddler chair and turn on all the lights in the house (he steps on the chair). 2. After mom puts him to bed, he gets up and plays with his cars! The kid is either going to own a car company or be one heck of a mechanic.
I think his palate looks really good. I do not see any holes, but I see one place where the stitches were that I'm not sure about. But he is getting great suction on straws and sippy cups.
Kacie is playing basketball. She has really taken an interest! She has games every Saturday morning, and she has team practice on most Sunday afternoons and a few Friday nights. She also practices after school at our house, and she is reading a basketball magazine from her school library about NBA players. She has seen 3 of them in person: Tracy McGrady, Brandon Roy, and Steve Nash. Of course she doesn't remember. Back in the day, we went to a lot of Sonics games. We hit one Blazer game 2 years ago.
Dan started our bedroom project on Monday. We ripped out the carpet, painted the walls, and installed a new floor. Sadly, the first color we painted he ended up hating and could not live with, so we had to repaint the walls again. They are now a cinnamon color--Dan loves it, and I can live with it. Dan also bought a new bed, and it's gorgeous! The room isn't done, but it's close. Dan has to go back to work tomorrow. We've lived in our house almost 6 years, and our room is the last to get new flooring.
And me? TGIF!!! Pictures to come this weekend!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Lucky you-a bedroom makeover!! I wish! My Jordan played BB this year for the first time and she really liked it too!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
Jess