I jumped up at 6am for a meeting, arrived home after 2. Now I am doing report cards--a great rainy Saturday in the Northwest! I actually love the rain with a good cup of coffee. There is something calming about it...maybe because I grew up in a temperate rain forest where we averaged 150 inches of rain per year!
We are at Day 52 of waiting for LOC. It is getting worse everyday, knowing Tyson is in an orphanage, and it is out of our control. I did figure out how to get his finding ad, so I'm working on that now. I am also working on filling out the I-800, I-864W, and the DS 230. Those in the adoption world who fall under Hague know what a pain those are! I am just trying to be ready for the moment we get "the call" that LOC is here. That will most likely not be until the end of April, but hey, I may as well be ready, right?
I still have green nails...they grew on me, and it makes me wonder what I'll do next! It's kind of a random thing to do while I wait. So, thanks for reading this, and hopefully next week I'll have something more exciting to post.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



We didn't fall under Hague, but the paperwork and wait was about to drive us nuts, too!
ReplyDeleteIt is so tough knowing your child is there and you are here and you can't be there and hold him. We remember how tough it was after the big earthquake in May 2008. That happened less than a month after we found Jake. There was some damage in the city where he was, and it was so tough waiting for word that his orphanage was OK. Just trust in God and continue to pray.
Kevin and Violet
P.S. Why no photos of the green fingernails? LOL
Jolene,
ReplyDeleteIsn't this waiting so hard?! Ughh. Really. Does it need to be so heart-wrenching? Two thoughts for you...1.definitely get your i800 form filled out now. we were not told to do that ahead of time and then scrambled around for a few days trying to get it all right. it was WAY longer and more confusing than we expected. our agency never suggested that we look at it until we got our loc. You'll save yourself about a week if you get it done now. 2. have you found or looked for a yahoo group for the orphanage your son is in? i found a yahoo group for the exact orphanage our son is in and have had two families visit our caleb over the past year. that's how we got all of our photos.
i'll add your blog to my blog list so i can follow you on your journey! hope you have news soon!! julia.