Lately I've pouted about this wait time, "If we had been 6 months earlier (before Hague) or 6 months later (after everyone figured out how to deal with Hague) things would be clearer." I've asked, "Why God? Why does this wait have to be so long? Why me, and most importantly, why MY SON?" And today I feel the Lord's answer...
For such a time as this, my child, you were chosen, and your son who is also mine, was chosen. The timing is perfect for you.
So then the Lord opened my eyes to realize that it isn't just me! It's all of us parents who are waiting, whether it's in the nsn or sn line. Our own births were ordained by God in His time, and we were chosen to adopt our children at this time. I like to think that God chose us to adopt at this time because he knew that it would require parents with either a lot of patience or those of us who need to learn to wait with patience; or for whatever reason. I am not alone, and I was chosen!
I don't understand this, as I read more about how the time in an orphanage impacts our children in so many negative ways. Back in December God told me that He has this under control. I'm here and ready, but God says, "Not yet."
And so it goes, more waiting...and I continue to learn what it truly means to "Let go and let God." All I know is that the pain I feel is nothing compared to what God went through having His son die for us. So yes, I will wait, knowing the Lord's timing is perfect, for such a time as this.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment