Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summers...how they change

Let's recap:

Summer 08: Waiting for clearance letter to finish homestudy, so I traveled by plane, a lot, to Tahoe/Sacramento for a girls weekend, family trip to Disneyland, then a flight to Alaska and drove back to WA with my sister. Toss in two-three camping trips (in a tent) What an adventure!

Summer 09: Waiting by my computer 24/7 for Travel Approval, and finally off to China in August. No other trips--that was was the trip of a lifetime!

Summer 2010: Ty still adjusting, two camping trips in a tent, lots of little day trips, but nothing major. My dad's heart condition probably contributed to the lack of travel, but I'm happy to say he's doing great!

Summer 2011: AWESOME!!! Bought a travel trailer in April, and we're camping fanatics!

Our latest excursion was to a campground in Southwest WA, and we were about 1.5 hours from beautiful Mt. St. Helens. It was mid 80s, crystal clear, and we thought...what the heck? Let's go! For those who don't know, Mt. St. Helens erupted on May 18, 1980 in WA state. I was 5 years old, and I still remember the ash, the masks, all of it. It changed the landscape completely.





And back at our campsite, here's Ty counting the petals on a flower. He does have his sweet moments!


And I have no pictures, but Kacie and I went to the American Idol concert in Everett last week and stayed in a hotel...just the two of us, and it was awesome! It was her first concert, and other than plugging her ears, she had a great time.

We are home for a few weeks now. Kacie is off to her week-long summer camp next week. So far, what a great summer!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't summer wonderful? We made it out for our first camping trip this year (a bit late in the season but we were waiting for Mary to finish healing) and it was wonderful! Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and are able to get some more camping in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 years old when Mt. St. Helens erupted? Wow, I had just graduated from high school. I happened to be in Portland in June 1980 when the volcano erupted again (a small eruption) and I still have some ash in an old film container and remember having to wear a mask for a day. ... Kevin

    Sounds like you all are having a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll have been busy!!!
    Camper sounds like a great leap up from a tent ;)
    Ty is really growing up- isn't four so much fun?! Thank you for writing about your shift in perspective.
    Love the banana boy pics, too.
    Happy early hugaversary!
    Trena
    www.duchessoflanier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete