Ty will be 4 in two days.
Today I learned that Ty is at the 2 year 7 month mark for Language. While I don't doubt it, I struggle with it. But then, I thought about it another way.
So it means he is still significantly behind in language. He has been home 1 year 10 months, and he had his palate repaired 1 year 6 months ago, and you can factor in hearing loss as well and that he has only hearing at a normal range for a year.
And suddenly, that 2 year 7 month mark isn't look too bad. In fact, it's looking great!
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It's all about perspective isn't it?
ReplyDeleteHe will get it. I have students who weren't adopted still taking speech in 3rd grade. They all eventually get dismissed from speech. We don't have any middle school students taking speech. Ty is such a smart boy. He is still climbing his way out of the orphanage hole he was in for two years. He is doing great!!!
ReplyDeleteHey! That's good! And he's grown so much since you've had him. Happy birthday, Ty!!!!
ReplyDelete