...we have tsunami warnings this morning.
My school is a bit inland but we are on a river that will flood our town, possibly. My home is safe (I live out of town and above the river), but my school district is running two hours late. My school is actually up a hill and it's a tsunami gathering area.
Ty's daycare in in the flood plain near the river. I don't think it will be a major flood, but I am concerned. In about 20 minutes I'll know if daycare is even open. I am only 5 blocks up the hill from it, so I'm not too concerned, but just waiting to see what to do today.
The good news is that our town has actually been recognized as a model tsunami-ready area. I know we are prepared, but it's still scary. I'm hoping it won't be a big deal, but if you don't treat it seriously, and then something does happen, who is the fool? Exactly.
Friday, March 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Wow! Hope you guys are safe. I have never heard of a Tsunami hitting the US. That's just so weird to an east coast girl like me. :)
ReplyDeleteStay safe. How scary. I'm praying for your family and everyone dealing with this today.
ReplyDelete