Thursday, February 24, 2011

Slacker Mom on a Snow Day

Snow Day! Yep, we got hit in our area, and the roads become very icy. Our region just doesn't have enough plows and trucks to keep the roads safe. So rather than a late start at school...we canceled.

Should be a fun day, and it was! But...husband had to work graveyard shift, so I had to keep the kids quiet. Which is easier? Thirty 6th graders, or a 3 and 9 year old? I think it's the first choice! They played in the snow, and I did a few chores while they played (when they were not pounding on the windows saying, "Mom watch this!")

Then the little popsicles came in, and it was clothes and boots and gloves...wow! Those of you in snowy areas, I don't envy you. It was also hot chocolate all around. So after a Toy Story movie, the troops got antsy, so off we went to a friend's house. This is a friend I teach with, and her daughter and K are in the same class, and she she has a 14 year old son. They also have an awesome backyard with a great hill for sledding, so Ty had his first sledding experience!

And what did I do? Did I get out there with the camera? Nope. The flip to video it? Nope. I sat and had the best cup of tea in the world and relaxed. I was truly Slacker Mom. Sometimes, you just gotta enjoy the tea. Pictures next time!
1

2 comments:

  1. From one slacker mom to another...
    ENJOY!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your slacking! I take all I can get. haha!

    ReplyDelete