I told Dan this bothered me, and he agreed. We are wondering if it's from years of just "being" in an orphanage. He isn't really demanding attention, other than when he climbs on us, but he doesn't stay on our laps, he just keeps moving. I'm sure this is setting off red flags for some people, while others will say it's normal behavior.
I just made the stupid mistake of reading age 3-4 milestones. Seriously...why did I do that? I guess I was hoping he was closer to "caught up" than I thought. Some things, yes, he's there. But language, social/emotional...not yet. I know I know...he's doing great, he's doing great. But when it's your kid, you worry. I worry, I can't help it. It just makes me sad, that's all. So much to overcome, and I knew this going in, blah blah blah, but the idea of it vs. the reality of it are two different things. You always think you know how you'll react...but when it's in your face, it's a different ball game.
Anyway, back to the busy doing nothing thing...if you have any insight, I'd love to hear it. And by the way, Thursday was our 18 month Gotcha anniversary! A year and a half...wow! Time flies when you're on this journey!
Here he is in Guangzhou in Aug. 2009.
And although this was taken a few months ago, you can see the difference in physical size. It's amazing!



He has grown so much! I love how relaxed and comfy he looks! Too cute!
ReplyDeleteWish I could help. If my son was not demanding attention, I'd be thrilled for once. :) I hope you find an answer.
ReplyDeleteJake didn't entertain himself much, either. TV was one thing I didn't want him to get hooked on, and I have to admit he did, our lives are so crazy. But as he grows (he's going on 4 1/2 and home 2 1/2) he does entertain himself more. I think it is coming, and maybe he always will be laid back. We were so worried going over Jake's file with an international adoption doctor that Jake was so small, and the doctor said maybe his parents were small and that's just the way it will be. It's hard not to worry about those things, though now it seems so silly we did. Hugs to you both! violet
ReplyDelete