Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas! Yes, we are still here.

I did a sad thing yesterday. I deleted some blogs I had been following. Some hadn't been updated in over a year, so I figured it was time. It was sad! Then I did the same thing with facebook...and now contemplating whether to continue with FB at all. The people I want to talk to, I talk to. The families I want to keep in contact with, I have their blogs and read them regularly. What do you think?

Anyway, we had an amazing Christmas. I haven't uploaded pictures from my camera because I got a cool gift, but I have to do some updating. Now I'm going to tell you an embarrassing story about myself and how shallow I can be. Hope you enjoy it.

K has been telling me how much I will like my Christmas gift from Daddy and her. So they handed me a heavy gift, and I opened a kitchen knife set. I don't think of myself as materialistic, but I was truly not happy. "Knives. You bought me knives." I said. "You don't buy your wife knives for Christmas. You can buy other people knives, but not your wife!" Yes, I have been saying for a long time (like every time I go to use a knife) that I wanted a new knife set. And it's a pretty set...but still. At first I laughed and said, "Oh knives, yeah right..." But then I opened the box, and really, they were knives, and not other gift hidden in the box. I asked K, "Did you know this was the gift?" "ummmmhmmmmmm! Don't you like it? You always say you need knives!" OK then...

So then he hands me this stocking and I open an iPad case. He said, "This is for your laptop." I sort of flung it at him thinking...he screwed up again. "This is for an iPad. I have a MacBook. Two different things." I said. So he left, brought out another present, and said, "Well maybe it will fit this." Yep, I got an iPad.

I feel mostly bad that I was materialistic. I don't feel bad about my reactions because HE SET ME UP! LOL!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Christmas pics coming soon. I have to update my Operating System before my iPad (or his iPod) will work. I didn't realize my MacBook is already 4 or 5 years old (we can't remember!). So when I upgrade, I want to try out iPhoto 11 with my pics.

Here's the happy boy, laughing as I tried to take a picture of him. He'd roll over so I couldn't see his face, then roll back laughing hysterically.

3 comments:

  1. I hope we didn't get cut.

    Can't wait to see the pictures. I am sure Tyson was just as cute as Taylor this year opening presents. Last year I don't think she really got it, but this year she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Well, I have to say if it is something I really want...like knives....I'm okay with it. I've not received a "sweet" gift from my dh in a long time....probably since we started the adoption process in 2005. But, that is just me. I always have to consider their thinking behind their actions. Usually, it makes me understand and feel better about it all. Enjoy your iPad and knives.

    As for the deletion of blogs/fb...I do the same thing. I'm sad because I don't hear from that person anymore, but I like to keep my spaces clean and neat. If I haven't used it in a while, I'm done with it. Same thing for fb/blogs. BTW, I don't even have FB. Too much addiction for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas! We love our IPad here as well. I use it as my e-reader and have downloaded Kindle and IBooks to it, I may never go back to paperbacks again.

    ReplyDelete