Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011

We had a great holiday season. Kacie got her DSi that she's been hoping for, and Tyson got lots of cars and accessories, and then we splurged on a battery-powered quad.

Praying before opening gifts.




I downloaded my first book on my iPad. I decided to read "Choosing to See" by Mary Beth Chapman.

It usually takes me months to finish a book. I started this book yesterday, and literally, I read 50% of it. And the tears came...but I knew it was yet to really get deep, so I stopped because I was emotionally drained. Then I read the last 50%, and I still feel the sting in my eyes from crying. Tears for Maria, for Will, for their family's grief, but mostly for the work God is doing within them and through them. What strength they have found through God! The glorify him every step of the way.

The second part of the book is a lot of Mary Beth's blog. I found this really interesting because I have noticed I've slowed down on my blogging. Busy? Maybe. Nothing profound to say? Perhaps. Journey To Tyson is Over? Hardly! But it is a way to sort out what you are thinking and feeling when you are going through something difficult. Her words are raw, real, deep, honest, and sincere. A mother who grieves for her children--Maria and Will, yet knows that God has a plan.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to see how God can work through tragedy and come out glorified. Maria's short life has touched so many people, including me.

And for the record, I hope Steven Curtis Chapman wins a Grammy this year. His album "Beauty Will Rise" is amazing.

Happy 2011 my friends!
Jolene

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to your family. Let's make it a deal to meet in 2011 . . . in person.

    I think I will pick up M.B.'s book very soon.

    I love the picture of your kidos praying before gifts so so sweet.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your family! I've been thinking of getting that book, now I'm even more convinced to buy it :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics of the kids. Happy New Year. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for visiting our blog! I have really enjoyed following your story and feel as if we're probably going through some very similar situations with our children. What a blessing it is to have other families who are traveling this road of attatchment with us, as this can be a very lonely journey at times. Even though we were "prepared" for the challenges of adopting an older child with special needs, we realize you can never truly know what is coming until it happens to you! I truly believe that God is redeeming all of our heartache and one day our children will be whole and healed. IN the meantime, He's given us the gift of friends who can encourage as we wait.

    ReplyDelete