Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Next School Year and ear update

Kacie has attended her daycare since we moved here back in 04. It has always been very convenient and around the corner from our house. They worked well with our crazy schedule too. When Tyson came home, we started him there too. There have been some bumpy patches, but overall, a good experience. But once a week, he rides the bus to his developmental preschool. It was 2x a week, but that was too many intermittent transitions for him. Next year he will be in preschool AMs a week, so about a month ago, we made the decision that next year we would move his daycare to the same building as his preschool so the preschool staff would walk over and get him and eliminate the bus ride. But how was I going to tell the current daycare? I was torn.

Well that's a non-issue now. Got word yesterday that the daycare, in business for 18 years, is closing. Praise God I made that decision for Tyson already. But now, we have Kacie issues. I could probably let her stay at her neighborhood school if she did the before school program 4x a week as she has the last two years, get some help every other month on Monday mornings, and then we'd have to work out afterschool care on Dan's days off. I think we could do it.

BUT......... there is a possibility that my teaching hours maybe changing. They want to take 15 minutes from the end of the day and put them at the beginning of the day. This is a post in and of itself. On Tuesdays we have to be to work 35 minutes earlier. With this scenario, Kacie would have to leave her neighborhood school that she loves and come to my school. She cried...I felt awful. It's hard enough to find a daycare that will work with your schedule, and unfortunately, an in-home daycare is not an option because we are not a full time day care family, so we'd have to pay full time.

I will know Thursday--the last day of school, what the new schedule will be. In the meantime, here are some photos from our weekend. We camped in our back yard and Tyson tried smores for the first time. It was a good trial for the camping season because Ty wasn't so sure what was going on at first. We also had my parent's Boston Terrier for a few days while my dad was in the hospital, so there is a picture of Kacie with all three dogs.

Oh, and the ear update! Ty's ears are fine, hearing is in the normal range. There are also pics of Ty at the Seattle Aquarium with his daddy yesterday.







1 comment:

  1. Daycare, argh. I pray things work out for you. Your son looks like such a big boy now. I love looking at the change. Glad to hear that his ears are well.

    I have to say that I love that backyard-tent picture. It looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete