Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Both of my babies had birthdays!

Kacie turned 9 on Saturday, June 19th. My little preemie baby, who is now full of life and energy beyond what even I could have dreamed.

Tyson turned 3 today, June 22nd. While we will never know if this is truly his day of birth, it is the date he was given and the date we will use to celebrate his rite of passage of turning another year old.

A little known story: When we were called with our first referral, the birthday of that child was in April. I said, "Oh wow..." I was asked if that would be a problem. Well, of course not! We just had several April birthdays in our family, and I just thought it was a coincidence. I guess it has happened that referrals have been turned down because of a birth date. That is ludicrous to me!

So when we accepted Tyson's referral, imagine my thoughts when I realized that my children would have birthdays 3 days apart! I can tell that June is going to be an expensive month as my children get older, and I have to find a way to separate those birthdays. But for now, this was a fun year of celebrating together.

Kacie was invited to play up in a 10U fastpitch tournament, so she had two games on her birthday. Her big present was to tell her that on Monday, we were headed to Great Wolf Lodge, an indoor water park about an hour from our house. Kacie has been wanting to go here since it was built two years ago, so she was pumped up and ready to go! I added a birthday package for the kids, so we had lots of little extras along the way, including a birthday cake with a crazy birthday hat. We had a great time!

Kacie baked a cake with her grandma on Saturday so she and Ty could blow out candles. Here they are singing to each other, blowing out candles, and then just a nice smile for mom!



This is celebrating their birthdays at Great Wolf Lodge after a full day of indoor water park fun!


Happy birthday my beautiful babies!

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe anyone would turn down a referral because of a birthdate! That is so funny that their birthdays ended up being so close together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute together, especially when they're smiling with the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you got to give Ty his first proper and beautiful birthday celebration!! And how sweet that your kids shared their birthday candles with one another! Happy birthday Ty and Kacie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your sweet babies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Kacie and Tyson! What a great sister and brother you are. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to have two birthdays together. You'll have to post pictures of the Great Wolf Lodge, my kids have also wanted to head down there for some time now.
    Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete