Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good bye 2008!

Good-bye to this year. The year that we decided to pursue adoption and had no idea the wild ride we'd be on. The year we learned that we would have a little boy someday. The year that God opened our hearts to children with special needs and showed us the beauty of all children and all people.

Although there have been a lot of tears this year over the daughter we'd never have, biological or adoptive, there have been tears of joy over of our new son. I know God has really been opening my eyes to people with all types of special needs, and I am learning to see the beauty in all people. This is spilling over into my teaching career, my dealings with the public, and the way I view life in general. We are all created to be unique and beautiful in our own way.

In 2009, I am looking forward to so many things. My little Kacie will be 8 in June--how did that happen? We hope to get our Tyson in June too, sooner God willing, but in His perfect time. I also plan to stop working as a National Board Facilitator so that I can focus more on my family and my school. Have I mentioned that I love my school? Well, I love my school. God blessed me with a great place to work. Working as a National Board Certification Facilitator has been a great opportunity, but I want to make more of a difference in my school building rather than on a district/state level. Time is one thing I don't have, so when something else goes on the plate, something else comes off!

With that, keep Tyson in your prayers! Thank you, and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment