Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finally ordered the Care Package!

Finally! Did you know that when you use paypal for the first time, you have to wait for a 4 digit code on your cc statement before you can use it? Or maybe it was just me, but I couldn't order it until I had the code. So finally today the code showed up, and I made the order! I am using redthread, and it's a lady named Ann who puts together the package and sends it from inside China. I doubt our little guy will get it before Christmas, but at least he will get it. Since this is the first of many packages, I sent: a book, a stuffed animal, a disposable camera that we will get when we get to China, a blanket, and then tea and cookies for the staff. I am so happy he will get some stuff. I plan to do another package next month for Chinese New Year, and I will include a family picture for him so he recognizes us when we get there.

We faxed the I-800A approval yesterday, and I had to drive in compact snow and ice to do it. School was cancelled, which was plan A for faxing, and I wasn't driving into town to fax it, so I asked my wonderful friend if I could use her fax machine, and she of course said yes! (It's amazing...not one person has turned us down for help in our journey to adopt little Tyson. Everyone has been incredible!) So I was driving to her house down one of the little side roads in our neighborhood, and as I turned a corner to go up a hill, I made it half way up the hill, and my tires spun and spun, yet we went no where! So I safely backed my car to the side of the road and Kacie and I walked to our friends' house, paperwork in hand as we stepped carefully to not slip and fall. Oh the stories we'll have to tell Tyson!

No comments:

Post a Comment