Friday, August 20, 2010

1 year stats--what a wild ride!

Here is Tyson on Adoption Day: Aug. 2009


This will probably be my last measurement update for Tyson. Clearly, we are out of the woods for growth-related issues. I still find it amazing that he has grown so much in just one year--it's almost super human!

I remember our referral and the 11 months leading up to bringing Ty home, the lack of updates, and just being worried all the time--yet knowing that this was the path God chose for us. I could have turned down this file, being scared of what was to come, but we decided he was our son no matter what. And OH LITTLE DID WE KNOW what God had in store for us!

Tyson is now 38 months old--That is 3 years, 2 months. If you'd like to see my other posts where I commented more on growth-related issues, they are:

http://powellfamilyadoption.blogspot.com/2009/12/small-head-circumference-and.html
This above post I talk a lot about our worries with head circumference.

http://powellfamilyadoption.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-stats.html

*Gotcha
BOLD==One Year since Gotcha/Home

Length/Height:
8-9 months: 63.5cm (25 inches), below the charts
16 months: 75.5cm 29 3/4 inches), 5th%ile
22 months: 81cm (31 7/8 inches), 5th%ile
*26 months: 83cm (32 3/4 inches), 5th %ile
27 months: 84cm (33 inches), 5th %ile
30 months: 86cm (33 7/8 inches), 5th %ile
33 months: 90.8cm (35 3/4 inches), 22 %ile
38 months: 96.5cm (38 inches), 49th %ile

Weight--it's amazing what enough food can do!
8-9 months: 6.5kg/14.3lbs, below the charts
16 months: 8.5kg/18.5lbs, below the charts
22 months: 10.5kg/23lbs, 5th%ile
*26 months: 10kg/22lbs, below the charts
27 months: 12kg/26.5lbs, just under 25%ile
30 months: 30lbs, 50th %ile
33 months: 33.5lbs, 75%ile
38 months: 37 lbs, 91%ile

Head Circumference
8-9 months: either 40cm or 41.5cm, all below the charts
16 months: 44cm, below the chart
22 months: 46.5cm, between 5th and 10th%ile
*26 months: 48cm, 25th %ile (I measured to confirm it too and watched 2 nurses as well)
30 months: 49.5cm, 50th %ile (based on my own measurement)
33 months: 50.3cm, 81st %ile
38 months: 51.3cm, estimated 75th to 84th%ile (no charts after 36 months)

Here is Tyson one year later, Aug. 2010, meeting Garfield at a theme park.


Theme park...that seems appropriate because this last year has been ONE WILD RIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment