Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1 year ago, we met Tyson



Today marks exactly one year since Tyson entered our lives, or that we entered Tyson's life. However you look at it, all of our lives were forever changed on that day.

Looking back at this year, the only word that captures it is miracle.

Then: 26 months

22lbs, almost 33 inches. Tiny.
Walking was wobbly, no running or jumping, climbing or pulling himself up.
Sat in a high chair.
Repaired cleft lip, but unrepaired palate
Hearing loss.
Afraid of our bed.
No English.

Now: 38 months

Almost 37 pounds, 38 inches
Walking, running, jumping, jumping off of curbs and steps, climbs and pulls himself on everything and anything
Sits in a regular chair (he refuses a booster seat!)
Palate was repaired 12/09, and it was successful
Two sets of ear tubes, hearing is normal
Crawls in our bed every morning.

Those are just a few of the changes. Overall, he is a happy, healthy little boy. There have been moments where I didn't think I could do this, but God always shows the light at the end of the tunnel (or end of the day=bedtime!), and gives me nothing I can't handle. Overall, it has been a blessing to be Tyson's mom, and I can't wait to see what is to come in the next year!

I hope you enjoyed our Family Day video!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love hearing/seeing the progress. Who would have imagined a year ago? Such a handsome fella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary of your first year together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The changes in Tyson are amazing!
    Blessings and Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a great year! Isn't it amazing how many changes happen over the course of a year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing journey this has been so far-- and I feel so blessed to be on it with you... Happy one year!

    ReplyDelete