Tomorrow is Mother's Day. My husband will be working, Kacie will be a friend's house in the AM, and Ty and I will go to church.
It makes me think of Tyson's birth mother. I wish there was some way to let her know that her baby boy is OK. He is happy, healthy, and we are so blessed to be his parents.
Some adoptive families have written many eloquent words about their feelings toward their adoptive child's birth parents. It's a subject I haven't touched on much because it tears my heart to pieces to think about it.
Ty was estimated to be 2 months old when found. His parents did not leave a note of a birth date or any other information. His finding ad says he was left with clothes and powdered milk in a hospital stairwell. That tells me his parents loved him and cared for him, but for some reason, could not parent him. I am not angry at them for this--in fact, it brings me to tears that they had to look into his eyes one last time and turn around and leave, only to probably never see him again. And even worse, Tyson had no idea it was his last time seeing his parent(s) as well. Tyson went on to have many great caregivers, but not truly a mom.
To look at his finding ad is another set of emotions, like reading the classifieds or lost and found pets, only these are little children who have been abandoned and no one will claim. I often wonder if his parents saw his finding ad. Seeing Tyson's ad alone is one thing. Seeing the rows and columns of many children is entirely surreal to me, yet it is part of my son's past.
Three years ago, we were trying to get pregnant, hoping that I would have two children the following year. Two years ago, we put the wheels in motion to adopt, but not knowing our true timeline. One year ago, I waiting for LOA, China's approval to adopt Tyson. So this mother's day, I am so happy that I have my two gorgeous children to love on be happy and content. If I had one wish, I would wish that Tyson's birthmom could have peace with her decision, knowing her son is well taken care of and loved. And I hope I am being the mom he deserves to have. It often doesn't feel like I am, but Lord knows, I do my best.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Happy Mother's Day to you too!
ReplyDeleteBeautifuly written ... I know you are a wonderful mama to both of your blessings! Happy B-lated Mother's Day!!
ReplyDelete