Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Longest Week

Well, I've been keeping it in for too long...I'm going crazy!

What started out as a journey for a "healthy" baby girl from China has taken a turn. If you've read my date list, you know that we have changed to adopting a boy with special needs. We currently are reviewing a file for a little boy right now! If he does turn out to be our son, we will share more info as we can. We had to wait longer because it was a holiday in China last week. Talk about the longest week ever!

It is amazing when you "Let go" and "Let God" direct your path. God's timing is perfect, and we know everything will work out. God will not give us what we can't handle, but at the same time, the road will not be an easy one. God has a plan, and we are letting it unfold as we take this giant leap of faith.

The more we think about having a boy, the more excited we are! At first Kacie was a little disappointed, as she had always assumed she would have a baby sister. But now, she is so happy to have a brother. It is so hard to not get ahead of ourselves, but with every passing day, we just know that all will work out.

I wish I could share more, but at this time, that's all I'm comfortable posting publicly until we know if we will be accepting this referral.

No comments:

Post a Comment